Originally from Germany, he immigrated to Australia in 1997 after traveling the world. He has been a dedicated martial artists for the most of his life and is teaching people for the past 25 years. He has a lot of experience with people from all walks of life's and all age groups. He's father of two kids 5 and 7 years of age which both enjoy camping and four-wheel driving.
His biggest passion for the past couple of years has been 4w driving and on average he spends around 100 days of the year four-wheel driving or touring in the Australian bush. Stefan is very tech savvy and if there is a gadget which aids in 4wd driving or navigation he quite likely has seen and tested it.
All the in-car navigation is done via several iPads and every mapping software available in Australia (we still carry some old-fashioned paper maps just as a backup). So if you have a digital navigation device and still learning to use it there's a good chance Stefan can teach you a thing or two during our trip.
He is experienced with difficult terrain and recoveries as he also very much enjoys to drive the most difficult tracks in Australia.
A small selection of more difficult tracks he has driven is:
Daniel Point Rd, Gees Arm South, Pipeline, Mount Airlie, Mt Walker, South Basalt Knob, Billy Goat Bluff, Butcher Country Track, Link Track, Hern Spure, Caledonia River track, Prado Hill, Whitemans Lane, Cut Rock, Rope Rd, Climis, Peyengana Jeep track, Mt Huxely…….
He is driver trainer in a big Sydney four-wheel-drive club and has several government and non government accreditation's like:
• Certificate lV in Workplace Training and Assessment TAE40110
• Senior First Aid Certificate HLTAID001, HLTAID002, HLTAID003
• Provide First Aid in Remote Situations HLTAID005
• OHS Risk Assessment for Supervisors
• Drive and Recover a 4WD Vehicle (SISODRV302A)
• Advanced Drive and Recover a 4wd vehicle in Difficult terrain (SISODRV404A)
• Coordinate Recovery of 4WD vehicles (SISODRV405A)RIIVEH305E Operate and Maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
• RIIVEH305E Operate and Maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
• FWPCOT3259 Operate a four wheel drive on unsealed roads
• TLIC2025A Operate four wheel drive vehicle
• Trip Leader Training
• Basic and Advanced Driver training
• GPS navigation Training
• Bush Mechanics Course
• Member of the Australian 4WD Association
• Registered Driver Trainer and Assessor for the Australian 4WD Association