Originally from Germany, he immigrated to Australia in 1997 after travelling the world. He has been a dedicated martial artist for most of his life and has been teaching people for the past 25 years. He has a lot of experience with people from all walks of life and all age groups. He's the father of two kids 11 and 14 years of age, who both enjoy camping and four-wheel driving.
His biggest passion for the past couple of years has been 4w driving and touring remote Australia. On average, he spends around 100 days of the year four-wheel driving or touring in the Australian bush. Stefan is very tech savvy, and if there is a gadget that aids in 4wd driving or navigation, he quite likely has seen and tested it.
All the in-car navigation is done via several iPads and every mapping software available in Australia (we still carry some old-fashioned paper maps just as a backup). So if you have a digital navigation device and still learning to use it there's a good chance Stefan can teach you a thing or two during our trip.
He is experienced with difficult terrain and recoveries as he also very much enjoys driving the most difficult tracks in Australia.
Stefan also runs the successful ALLOFFROAD YouTube Chanel www.youtube.com/alloffroadau, which has over 43 Thousand Subscribers and many millions of views. One of his passion is Australian Desert Exploration with countless Expeditions throughout Australia.
His 4wd Driving Travell Guides and Tutorials are very popular and highly sought after.
A small selection of more difficult tracks he has driven is:
Daniel Point Rd, Gees Arm South, Pipeline, Mount Airlie, Mt Walker, South Basalt Knob, Billy Goat Bluff, Butcher Country Track, Link Track, Hern Spure, Caledonia River track, Prado Hill, Whitemans Lane, Cut Rock, Rope Rd, Climis, Peyengana Jeep track, Mt Huxely…….
He has worked as an accredited 4wd driver trainer for several 4wd Clubs, the NSW 4WD Association as well as commercial operators. Some of is accreditation include:
• Certificate lV in Workplace Training and Assessment TAE40110
• Senior First Aid Certificate HLTAID001, HLTAID002, HLTAID003
• Provide First Aid in Remote Situations HLTAID005
• OHS Risk Assessment for Supervisors
• Drive and Recover a 4WD Vehicle (SISODRV302A)
• Advanced Drive and Recover a 4wd vehicle in Difficult terrain (SISODRV404A)
• Coordinate Recovery of 4WD vehicles (SISODRV405A)RIIVEH305E Operate and Maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
• RIIVEH305E Operate and Maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
• FWPCOT3259 Operate a four wheel drive on unsealed roads
• TLIC2025A Operate four-wheel drive vehicle
• Trip Leader Training
• Basic and Advanced Driver training
• GPS navigation Training
• Bush Mechanics Course
• Vice President Responsible Technical 4WD Club NSW
• Member of the Australian 4WD Association
• Registered Driver Trainer and Assessor for the Australian 4WD Association